Job Description: Box Office and Customer Service Associates
The Cincinnati Shakespeare Company seeks a team of Box Office and Customer Service Associates interested in working at the brand new Otto M. Budig Theater in OTR offering the highest level of customer service to our patrons in person, in email, and over the phone. There is a need for daytime, evening, and weekend shifts and those interested in any (or all) of those times should apply!
Please indicate in your materials if you are interested in daytime, evening, and/or weekend shifts.
Please submit a cover letter expressing your interest and specific customer service experience along with your resume to Director of Marketing and Sales, Jeanna Vella at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
- Working in the Box Office at The Otto M. Budig Theater responding to and fielding requests from patrons including (but not limited too) ticket purchases, subscription services, donations, exchanges, general questions, etc. with the highest level of customer service.
- Duties as assigned such as telemarketing calls for renewals, communications with tickets buyers, filling, fulfillment of orders, ticket donation request processes, etc.
- Troubleshooting ticketing issues with patrons during general Box Office Hours and before, during, and after productions with great accuracy and professionalism.
- Management and responsibility of cash and credit card sales during shifts.
- Providing the highest level of customer service on the phone, in person, and in writing via email.
The ideal candidate possesses:
- Knowledge of Phone Handling, Cashiering, Customer Service as well as basic computer operations and Point of Sales systems.
- Skills in guest relations, phone etiquette, cash handling, filing, multi-task environment, with a strong attention to detail.
- Experience working in a Box Office or Retail/sales positions.
- Ability to communicate and work well with others in a high-volume and fast-paced environment.
- Our ticketing and CRM system is Spektrix- any knowledge of this system (or a similar system) is a major plus!
- High School diploma required.
The ideal candidate:
- Feels confident that they can provide the patrons of Cincinnati Shakespeare Company in the brand new Otto M. Budig Theater with the highest level of customer service experience.
- Thrives in an extremely fast-paced environment and can process information on the fly.
- Possesses an innate curiosity and willingness to learn.
- Enjoys working collaboratively but also takes initiative to work independently
- Some knowledge and passion of Shakespeare and theater a plus.
Mission: The Cincinnati Shakespeare Company is a resident ensemble theater company bringing Shakespeare and the classics to life for audiences of all ages. In August of 2017, Cincinnati Shakespeare Company will be opening the brand new Otto M. Budig Theater in OTR at the corner of 12th and Elm Street.
The Company has three parts to its business model:
- Mainstage Classical Theater – As the only classical theater between Pittsburgh and Chicago, the Company produces year-round, staging 10 mainstage productions with approximately 200 performances for 25,000 patrons. Currently in its 24th Season, the Company holds the distinction of being one of the first 5 US theaters to complete Shakespeare’s entire 38-play canon. The Company hires 15-20 actors to long-term contracts for its resident ensemble, helping to build the creative class of Cincinnati. The company is opening The Otto M. Budig Theater this summer for The Debut Season!
- Education Program – Through matinees, school tours, workshops and acting classes, the Cincinnati Shakespeare Company reaches over 100 schools and 50,000 students annually. The program quantitatively measures the impact on students’ comprehension of the curriculum material in addition to their appreciation of performing arts.
- Community Outreach – The Company’s Shakespeare in the Park Tour performs for free for more than 10,000 people in over 35 area parks throughout the summer.
The Company is growing rapidly, and this is an exciting time to join the team at CSC as there are many growth opportunities.
Training will begin at the end of June. During the month of July, phone and mobile box office is needed. The opening for The Otto M. Budig Theater is August 13 with the first show beginning previews on September 5. The Box Office lobby and phone sales are open 7 days a week, 11am-6pm with evening performance hours on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday during show runs.
Please submit a cover letter expressing your interest, and your unique value along with your resume to Director of Marketing and Sales, Jeanna Vella at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.