Job Description: Box Office and Customer Service Associates
The Cincinnati Shakespeare Company seeks Hospitality Staff for the brand new Otto M. Budig Theater in OTR offering the highest level of customer service to our patrons. There is a need for daytime, evening, and weekend shifts and those interested in any (or all) of those times should apply!
Please submit a cover letter expressing your interest and specific bartending and customer service experience along with your resume to Special Events Manager, Katie Doll at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
- World Class hospitality serving patrons efficiently to maintain minimum wait time.
- Managing cash and credit, accounting for bar drawer balance before and after every shift.
- Restock bar and concessions when necessary.
- Stay in compliance with standard operation procedures.
- Maintain bar in accordance with the rules of the State of Ohio Division of Liquor Control.
The ideal candidate possesses:
- Knowledge of standard bar POS systems, Cash handling, and Customer Service as well as basic computer operations.
- Experience working in a Bar environment.
- Ability to communicate and work well with others in a high-volume and fast-paced environment.
- Age 21or over required
The ideal candidate:
- Feels confident that they can provide the patrons of Cincinnati Shakespeare Company in the brand new Otto M. Budig Theater with the highest level of customer service experience.
- Thrives in an extremely fast-paced environment and can process information on the fly.
- Possesses an innate curiosity and willingness to learn.
- Enjoys working collaboratively but also takes initiative to work independently
- Some knowledge and passion of Shakespeare and theater a plus.
Mission: The Cincinnati Shakespeare Company is a resident ensemble theater company bringing Shakespeare and the classics to life for audiences of all ages. In August of 2017, Cincinnati Shakespeare Company will be opening the brand new Otto M. Budig Theater in OTR at the corner of 12th and Elm Street.
The Company has three parts to its business model:
- Mainstage Classical Theater – As the only classical theater between Pittsburgh and Chicago, the Company produces year-round, staging 10 mainstage productions with approximately 200 performances for 25,000 patrons. Currently in its 24th Season, the Company holds the distinction of being one of the first 5 US theaters to complete Shakespeare’s entire 38-play canon. The Company hires 15-20 actors to long-term contracts for its resident ensemble, helping to build the creative class of Cincinnati. The company is opening The Otto M. Budig Theater this summer for The Debut Season!
- Education Program – Through matinees, school tours, workshops and acting classes, the Cincinnati Shakespeare Company reaches over 100 schools and 50,000 students annually. The program quantitatively measures the impact on students’ comprehension of the curriculum material in addition to their appreciation of performing arts.
- Community Outreach – The Company’s Shakespeare in the Park Tour performs for free for more than 10,000 people in over 35 area parks throughout the summer.
The Company is growing rapidly, and this is an exciting time to join the team at CSC as there are many growth opportunities.