Cincinnati Shakespeare Company is looking for a Technical Director for their 21st season beginning July 1st, 2014 and ending July 5, 2015. Starting date is flexible if there are scheduling conflicts.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- hiring additional employees to fill positions such as Master Carpenter and Master Electrician
- organizing and overseeing strikes when a show has closed
- occasional set or lighting designs if able
- overseeing installs including electrics, set, props, and paint
- attending all production meetings and participating in planning and design discussions
- being present for all technical rehearsals and fixing any issues that arise
- being on call during run of the show to address problems
- shop, equipment and van maintenance
- establishing and working within a budget
- tracking and reporting of monthly expenses
The job requires someone who is detail oriented, budget conscious, safety minded, able to deal with tight schedules, and who doesn’t stop until the job is done.
Experience is preferred, but all applications are accepted. Applicants are asked to include a resume and any portfolio images they care to provide to email@example.com
Mission: Cincinnati Shakespeare Company is a resident ensemble theatre company bringing Shakespeare and the Classics to life for audiences of all ages.
Vision: Cincinnati Shakespeare Company will become a world-class Shakespeare institution, serving as the arts destination for the region with a commitment to the artists, audiences, schools, and communities of Cincinnati.
At the core of Cincinnati Shakespeare Company are the members. The Company is made up of talented individuals running the gamut of theater professionals, from set designers to artists to the managing director. As a group, the Company ignites the classics to create fresh, thought-provoking productions.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org