Healthy and Safety Updates
The wellbeing of our patrons, artists, and staff is essential to everyone at the Cincinnati Shakespeare Company. We commit to continually evaluating our health and safety protocols to reflect the guidance of the CDC and to align with state, local, and federal regulations. As a patron, your flexibility, understanding, and patience are greatly appreciated as we continue to adapt to the circumstances of our community.
We commit to keeping you informed about the health and safety measures being implemented at our theater. Patrons who don't feel safe attending a production for which they have reserved tickets have the option to receive a refund if you notify us prior to the performance.
Our current guidelines are below, and we will remain in communication with you via email as the date of your performance grows closer.
General Guidelines (as of August 30, 2021)
At this time, all ticketholders must show proof of a full COVID vaccination status or provide a negative COVID test to enter The Otto M. Budig Theater.
• Option 1: Proof of Vaccination
Ticketholders 12 years of age or older may show proof of full COVID vaccination to enter accompanied by a photo ID. “Fully vaccinated” means that the ticketholder’s performance is at least 14 days after their final vaccine dose.
• Option 2: Negative COVID PCR Test
Ticketholders 5 years of age* or older may show proof of a negative COVID PCR test taken within 72 hours of performance to enter.
*As per our standard policy, children under the age of 5 are not permitted into the theater.
All ticket holders are required to wear face masks fitting securely over their mouth and nose while inside The Otto M. Budig Theater. Concessions will continue to be sold and patrons may lower their masks when actively eating and drinking. Prolonged periods of mask removal are not permitted.
When getting ready to attend a performance:
• Ticket buyers will receive an email approximately two weeks before their show date with the current health and safety guidelines of the Cincinnati Shakespeare Company.
• Patrons who are feeling ill or showing symptoms are asked to stay home. They may call the Box Office at 513.381.2273 to receive a refund, donate their tickets, or exchange tickets for another production once they are well.
• Anyone entering the theater will be required to follow the health and safety policies of the Cincinnati Shakespeare Company. Patrons unwilling to comply will be denied admission or asked to leave by a member of our staff.
At the theater:
• Performances are being sold at full capacity.
• Social distancing is encouraged throughout the lobby, restroom, and public spaces.
• To reduce physical contact between patrons and staff, patrons are encouraged to bring print-at-home or digital tickets that will be emailed to them at the time of purchase (Will Call will still be an option if needed) and all programs will be shared virtually.
• Hand sanitizer stations and disinfecting wipes will be available throughout the theater.
• Concessions will still be available for purchase in the lobby. Masks may be removed to accommodate eating and drinking, but must be worn between sips or bit
What our team is doing:
• All public spaces are receiving enhanced cleaning nightly and between matinee and evening performances. Cleaning procedures and products follow current CDC guidance.
• Our ventilation system has been assessed, serviced, and maintained to ensure proper airflow throughout the facility and in accordance with CDC guidance.
• Preshow speakers, staff, and artists are all fully vaccinated.
All above is subject to change. Your flexibility and understanding is greatly appreciated.