Healthy and Safety Updates
Beginning April 1st, audience members will no longer be required to show proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test to attend performances at Cincinnati Shakespeare Company, and the wearing of masks will be encouraged, but optional.
This announcement comes after the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) publication of its latest public health and safety guidance on COVID-19, which is based on hospitalization data and the total number of new COVID-19 cases in an area.
As pandemic conditions evolve, we continue to closely monitor the situation and modify our COVID-19 health and safety plan appropriately. The protocols outlined here are subject to change based on new recommendations from the CDC, the State of Ohio, the Hamilton County Department or the City of Cincinnati. We will send the most up-to-date protocols in an email closer to your performance.
We know that people have different levels of comfort regarding risk and wearing masks, and we should each be sensitive to and respect differences of opinion on this topic. We have spent the better part of the last two years masked in public, and it may take time for some of us to feel comfortable reducing our use of masks. Some may choose to remain masked to protect themselves or those close to them. However, patrons who don't feel safe attending or aren't comfortable with the change in protocols have the option to receive a credit or refund if they notify us prior to their performance. Please reach out to the Box Office by email or phone at (513) 381-2273 for assistance.
Thank you in advance for ensuring everyone has a safe and enjoyable theatre experience.
When getting ready to attend a performance:
• Ticket buyers will receive an email approximately 3 days before their show date with current health and safety guidelines and other protocols of the Cincinnati Shakespeare Company.
• Patrons who are feeling ill or showing symptoms are asked to stay home. They may call the Box Office at 513.381.2273 to receive a refund, donate their tickets, or exchange tickets for another production once they are well.
• Anyone entering the theater will be required to follow the health and safety policies of the Cincinnati Shakespeare Company. Patrons unwilling to comply will be denied admission or asked to leave by a member of our staff.
At the theater:
• Performances are being sold at full capacity.
• Social distancing is encouraged throughout the lobby, restroom, and public spaces.
• To reduce physical contact between patrons and staff, patrons are encouraged to bring print-at-home or digital tickets that will be emailed to them at the time of purchase (Will Call will still be an option if needed) and all programs will be shared virtually.
• Hand sanitizer stations and disinfecting wipes will be available throughout the theater.
• Concessions will still be available for purchase in the lobby. Masks may be removed to accommodate eating and drinking, but must be worn between sips or bit
What our team is doing:
• All public spaces are receiving enhanced cleaning nightly and between matinee and evening performances. Cleaning procedures and products follow current CDC guidance.
• Our ventilation system has been assessed, serviced, and maintained to ensure proper airflow throughout the facility and in accordance with CDC guidance.
• Preshow speakers, staff, and artists are all fully vaccinated.
All above is subject to change. Your flexibility and understanding is greatly appreciated.