Title: Bartender, Part Time
Reports to: Front of House and Facilities Manager
About the Cincinnati Shakespeare Company
The Cincinnati Shakespeare Company (CSC) is a resident ensemble theatre company bringing Shakespeare and the Classics to life for audiences of all ages. Operating out of The Otto M. Budig Theater, CSC hosts a year-round theatrical season in addition to special events, educational programming, and outreach efforts. In its theatrical portfolio, CSC executes up to 10 mainstage productions and 6 touring productions annually. Beyond its theatrical portfolio, CSC supports collaborations with many local community and arts organizations.
Diversity and inclusion are priorities of the Cincinnati Shakespeare Company. CSC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, sex, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or any other legally protected classification. Applicants of varied backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply.
Cincinnati Shakespeare Company seeks bar staff to provide exceptional service to patrons at theatrical performances and special events. Bartenders are part time employees who pick up shifts as their personal schedules and the availability at CSC allow. They are paid minimum wage and receive equal portions of the tip pool in cash at the end of each shift.
- Providing world-class hospitality by serving patrons efficiently, accurately processing payment, precisely fulfilling orders, and prioritizing positivity in all interactions
- Managing cash and credit, accounting for bar drawer balance before and after every shift.
- Restock bar, package concessions, and other side work throughout shifts.
- Stay in compliance with standard operation procedures.
- Maintain bar in accordance with the rules of the State of Ohio Division of Liquor Control.
- Cash handling, management, and reporting as sales require.
- Assist in inventory of merchandise, bar, as scheduled.
- Assist in the set-up, tear-down, and management of bar at special events as scheduled.
- Adhere to company policies and regulations per the CSC Company Handbook.
- Maintain a safe, fair, and ethical working environment.
- Other duties as requested.
The ideal candidate:
- Feels confident that they can provide patrons with the highest level of customer service experience.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and can process information on the fly.
- Possesses an innate curiosity and willingness to learn.
- Enjoys working collaboratively but also takes initiative to work independently.
- Has regular evening and weekend availability.
Compensation & Benefits
This is a part time, hourly position at $11 per hour (received through biweekly payroll) plus tips. In addition to this wage, Bartenders receive complimentary and discounted tickets to all CSC productions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
CSC is proudly pluralistic and committed to providing equal opportunity for outstanding humans. CSC actively seeks nominations of applications from qualified individuals, from the broadest possible community, and is interested in receiving applications from individuals who enhance the diversity of its work force.