Title: Front of House Associate, Part Time
Reports to: Front of House and Facilities Manager
About the Cincinnati Shakespeare Company
The Cincinnati Shakespeare Company (CSC) is a resident ensemble theatre company bringing Shakespeare and the Classics to life for audiences of all ages. Operating out of The Otto M. Budig Theater, CSC hosts a year-round theatrical season in addition to special events, educational programming, and outreach efforts. In its theatrical portfolio, CSC executes up to 10 mainstage productions and 6 touring productions annually. Beyond its theatrical portfolio, CSC supports collaborations with many local community and arts organizations.
Diversity and inclusion are priorities of the Cincinnati Shakespeare Company. CSC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, sex, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or any other legally protected classification. Applicants of varied backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply.
The Front of House (FOH) Associate is essential to the CSC customer service experience. At their core, the FOH Associate’s highest priority is the overall experience of patrons, visitors, and guests of CSC.
The FOH Associate will primarily work in the box office and assist patrons with ticket purchases, questions, and routine office tasks (voicemail, email, mail, and reception duties). Depending on the shift, the FOH Associate may assist with greeting or seating student matinee performances, staffing will call, serve as a house manager or usher, participate in event set-up or tear-down, or assist with bar operations.
The schedule of the FOH Associate is highly variable based on their availability. This position is part time, and available shifts often include evening and weekend hours. There is a need for shift coverage spanning 9am-10:30pm across weekdays and weekends. The FOH Associate can expect to receive between 0-35 hours per week, which depends on a combination of their availability, the staff schedule, and performance schedule.
The Cincinnati Shakespeare Company truly operates as a team. To consistently achieve excellence, it is possible that the FOH Associate will be asked to assist departments beyond their area of focus or expertise. This effort is requested under exceptional circumstances.
- Front of House
- Staff box office during normal business hours, morning educational performances, evening public performances, and special events as scheduled.
- Provide world-class patron assistance and customer service.
- Manage requests for ticket purchases, subscription services, donations, exchanges, general information.
- Additional box office duties include telemarketing calls for renewals, communications with ticket buyers, filing, order fulfillment, ticket donation request processing, etc.
- Greet anyone who comes to CSC main entrance and offer assistance.
- Serve as house manager or usher if scheduled.
- Cash handling, management, and reporting as sales require.
- Assist in inventory of merchandise, bar, and box office supplies as scheduled.
- Assist in the set-up, tear-down, and management of special events as scheduled.
- Adhere to company policies and regulations per the CSC Company Handbook.
- Maintain a safe, fair, and ethical working environment.
- Other duties as requested.
Compensation & Benefits
This is a part time, hourly position at $13 per hour (received through biweekly payroll). In addition to this wage, Front of House Associates receive complimentary and discounted tickets to all CSC productions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
CSC is proudly pluralistic and committed to providing equal opportunity for outstanding humans. CSC actively seeks nominations of applications from qualified individuals, from the broadest possible community, and is interested in receiving applications from individuals who enhance the diversity of its work force.