Reports to: Front of House Manager
Start Date: Flexible
About the Cincinnati Shakespeare Company
The Cincinnati Shakespeare Company (CSC) is a resident ensemble theatre company that brings Shakespeare and the Classics to life for all audiences. Producing year-round, CSC executes up to 10 main stage productions, 6 touring productions, and several additional events per season.
Cincinnati Shakespeare Company seeks bar staff to provide exceptional service to patrons at theatrical performances and special events. Bartenders are part time employees who pick up shifts as their personal schedules and the availability a CSC allow. They are paid minimum wage and receive equal portions of the tip pool in cash at the end of each shift.
Preferred skills include:
- Excellence in customer service.
- Experience working in a bar or special events environment.
- Ability to communicate and work well with others in a high-volume and fast-paced environment.
- Age 21 or over required
- Providing world-class hospitality by serving patrons efficiently, accurately processing payment, precisely fulfilling orders, and prioritizing positivity in all interactions
- Managing cash and credit, accounting for bar drawer balance before and after every shift.
- Restock bar, package concessions, and other side work throughout shifts.
- Stay in compliance with standard operation procedures.
- Maintain bar in accordance with the rules of the State of Ohio Division of Liquor Control.
The ideal candidate:
- Feels confident that they can provide patrons with the highest level of customer service experience.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and can process information on the fly.
- Possesses an innate curiosity and willingness to learn.
- Enjoys working collaboratively but also takes initiative to work independently.
- Has regular evening and weekend availability.
Applications accepted on a rolling basis.
Please submit a cover letter, résumé, typical schedule of night and weekend availability, and three references to Hannah Maggard, Front of House Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) with “Bartender Application” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Equal Opportunity Employer
CSC is proudly pluralistic and committed to providing equal opportunity for outstanding humans. CSC actively seeks nominations of applications from qualified individuals, from the broadest possible community, and is interested in receiving applications from individuals who enhance the diversity of its work force.