Reports to: Bar Manager
Start Date: Immediately
About the Cincinnati Shakespeare Company
The Cincinnati Shakespeare Company (CSC) is a resident ensemble theatre company bringing Shakespeare and the Classics to life for audiences of all ages. Producing year-round, CSC executes up to 10 main stage productions, 6 touring productions, and several additional events per season.
Cincinnati Shakespeare Company seeks bar staff to provide exceptional service to patrons during the company’s 25th Anniversary season.
Preferred skills include:
- Knowledge of standard bar POS systems, Cash handling, and Customer Service as well as basic computer operations.
- Experience working in a Bar environment.
- Ability to communicate and work well with others in a high-volume and fast-paced environment.
- Age 21 or over required
- World Class hospitality serving patrons efficiently to maintain minimum wait time.
- Managing cash and credit, accounting for bar drawer balance before and after every shift.
- Restock bar and concessions when necessary.
- Stay in compliance with standard operation procedures.
- Maintain bar in accordance with the rules of the State of Ohio Division of Liquor Control.
The ideal candidate:
- Feels confident that they can provide the patrons of Cincinnati Shakespeare Company in the brand new Otto M. Budig Theater with the highest level of customer service experience.
- Thrives in an extremely fast-paced environment and can process information on the fly.
- Possesses an innate curiosity and willingness to learn.
- Enjoys working collaboratively but also takes initiative to work independently
- Some knowledge and passion of Shakespeare and theater a plus.
Applications accepted until the position is filled.
Please submit a cover letter, résumé, and three references to Lettie Van Hemert, Managing Director (email@example.com) with “Bartender” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Equal Opportunity Employer
CSC is proudly pluralistic and committed to providing equal opportunity for outstanding men and women. CSC actively seeks nominations of applications from qualified individuals, from the broadest possible community, and is interested in receiving applications from individuals who enhance the diversity of its work force.