Community Engagement Fund
Why Give to Our Community Engagement Fund
Cincinnati Shakespeare Company allocates intentional focus and resources towards developing authentic, reciprocal relationships with community organizations. Out of these relationships we are developing experiences in which theatre supports community goals. Your gift enables us to be a contributor to all things of importance to Greater Cincinnati and to be recognized as a reliable and flexible collaborator on projects that deepen roots in our region and make it a better place to live.
Because of you, CSC continued serving our community even in time of crisis and closure. Throughout 2020 and 2021, although we were unable to produce theatre, we committed to making our home, the Otto M. Budig Theater, a space for public good. Our artists and administrators found multiple ways to use both our facility and our expertise to go beyond performing arts and find ways to contribute to community efforts.
Hosting Blood Drives – In partnership with Hoxworth Blood Center, we opened our lobby space to host multiple blood drives for the community, in order to help Hoxworth abide by social distancing protocols which were unable to be achieved inside their Mobile Donor Bus.
Mask Making Effort – When the public health crisis first began and demand for PPE was highest, the CSC Production Team mobilized to produce more than 1,500 face masks for community members and for essential workers at St. Elizabeth Healthcare. Since then, CSC has gone on to make nearly 2,500 masks for first responders, CSC patrons, and other organizations including the OTR Chamber of Commerce, 3CDC. and Over-The-Rhine Community Housing (OTRCH).
Lobby Artist in Residence – CSC welcomed 9 local visual artists in 2021 and 2022 with a Lobby Artist in Residence program. Local artists were given dedicated studio space in The Linnemann Family Lobby and commissioned to create pieces inspired by a quote from Shakespeare’s Hamlet. The finished pieces were available for viewing throughout the season at The Otto M. Budig Theater.
Donate online above
Donate by Mail
Please make a check out to Cincinnati Shakespeare Company and mail to:
Cincinnati Shakespeare Company
217 W. 12th Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Donate by Phone
Please call Director of Development, Sara Clark at 513-381-2273 ext. 3208
Donate at the Theater*
The box office will be happy to accept and process a tax-deductible donation by cash, check or credit card at:
The Otto M. Budig Theater
1195 Elm Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202
*Call in advance for current hours (513)381-2273
Donate with Stock
Download instructions for making a gift of stock online here.
Questions? Contact Director of Development, Sara Clark at [email protected]s.com
In 2018, in recognition of its contributions to its new neighborhood of Over-the-Rhine, Cincinnati Shakespeare Company was honored with an OTR Made award for "Community Impact of the Year" from the Over-the-Rhine Chamber of Commerce.
During the 2019-2020 Season, CSC identified over 150 potential community partners and actively engaged with 46 of them. Highlights include:
- Hosting regular pre-show “Insights” talks featuring local scholars and community members.
- Hosting regular post-show talkbacks and “Sunday Salons,” featuring diverse panels of community members and artists discussing a particular topic inspired by the current production.
- Partnering with our local Center for Addiction Treatment to provide theatre games and workshops for their residents and support groups.
- Partnering with De-Cruit, a company devoted to treating trauma through Shakespeare and science, to host performances of two shows written by and for the veteran community.
- Partnering with local interpreters to provide ASL signed performances on the CSC Mainstage and during the Free Shakespeare in the Park Tour.
- Partnering with the League of Women Voters and Ohio History Connection during our production of The Merry Wives of Windsor, set in suffragette-era New York.
“Love the community partnership with the League of Women Voters and the diverse panel after the show!” – CSC Patron after All the Way