Bring Students to Our Theater
Attend a 10 a.m. performance of the Cincinnati Shakespeare Company main stage show and engage in a post-performance discussion with the cast at the brand new Otto M. Budig Theater!
Shows and Dates
2018-2019 School Year
September 11, 12, 18, 19, 25, 26
Music as Text
Slavery in Comedy
Shakespeare Connection: Mistaken Identity
October 16, 17, 23, 24
Newspeak and Fake News: Constructing Meaning
Authoritarianism and Identity
Examining Data: The Rapid Rise of Dystopia
November 19, 20, 27, 28, 29, December 4, 5, 6
Gender and Character Construction
Pranks and Bullying
Biology: What Makes Us Fall In Love?
January 29, 30, February 5, 6, 12, 13
Storytelling as Identity
Racial Inequality in the Workplace
Cultural Study- Sikhism
March 5, 6, 12, 13, 19, 20
The Supernatural as Impetus
Comedy, Tragedy, and “Problem” Plays
Themes Across Genre
April 9, 10, 16, 17, 23, 24, 30, May 1
The Witch: Gendered Text
Adapting Theme to Setting
Theatre Studies: Kabuki Theatre
To Reserve Tickets
Call: 513.381.2273 ext. 3210
Running Time: 2.5-3 hours, depending on the length of the play
Audience Size: Up to 230-260 at each performance- some shows accommodate more than others.
Cost: $12 per student. Groups over 30 receive up to five free chaperone tickets.
Book early! Dates fill up fast and are first come, first served. Groups range from two to 230! Small groups will be combined with others. Schedule is subject to change.
Frequently Asked Questions
Bus Parking is the responsibility of the visiting group.
CSC is a downtown venue and we do not have our own parking lot. There are pay lots and metered parking located in downtown Cincinnati but buses likely require additional parking space. It is best to discuss downtown parking options with your bus company and/or driver in advance.
How to Reserve Seats
Call or email Kristen at 513.381.2273 x. 3210 or email@example.com with the number of students and your 1st and 2nd choice of dates.
Full payment is due at least 45 days before the performance meaning that there can be no changes made to number of seats in the reservation after that point. A 50% deposit is requested at the time of booking but some flexibility can be arranged.
In groups over 30 for the same date, chaperone tickets are complimentary up to 5 per group
Who is eligible?
These shows are open to school groups, retirement communities, and homeschool students and co-op/networks. If your group is small (between 1-10 tickets) a contract will not be issued- full payment must be made in advance to hold the seats.
Other Important Information
- Our new theater now seats up to 230.
- Performances may include a Q&A session with the actors, depending on time
- Study guide materials will emailed to reserved groups as soon as they are available.
- The show begins at 10am unless otherwise noted.
- The theater lobby will be open by 9:15am on show mornings.
- Seating is first come, first serve -but groups will be sat in a block together.
- If a date above has a line through it, less than 5 seats remain
- Additional performances can sometimes be added based on increased interest but there might be additional cost to do this. It is always a good idea to call Kristen 513.381.2273 x. 3210 and discuss your needs- we will do all we can to accommodate everyone!
- Our Educational Matinees are extremely popular- BOOK NOW to guarantee your group’s visit. All performances are first come, first served.
- Dates are subject to change based on interest. A minimum of 100 seats must be sold in order for the performance to take place. Small groups or pairs may be asked to switch dates to combine with other small groups- your flexibility and cooperation is greatly appreciated!