Performance Adjustments Include:
Intensity of lighting and sound effects reduced during performance.
- Lighting: House lights will remain dimmed at 50% during performance.
- Sound: Sound will be capped at 90 decibels.
During the Performance:
- Tablets, smartphones, etc. will be permitted to help non-verbal audience members communicate.
- There is lighting on aisles for ease of access while entering and exiting the house.
- Wheelchair Seating: Wheelchair seats are available to purchase, but limited. For assistance in purchasing, please contact Kyrié Owen at [email protected] or 513-381-2273, ext. 3205
- Audience Capacity: Audience size is limited to half-capacity at 115 people.
- Atmosphere: Front-of-house staff and volunteers are trained to facilitate a safe, judgement-free environment. The theatre lobby is staffed by specialists in the field.
- Resources: Patrons attending this performance will be provided a Social Narrative with photos outlining your visit, a Guide to Attending the Show, and a Guide to the Performance with character and show information.
- Quiet Areas: Two break areas will be provided, on the first and second levels.
- Materials: Headphones and fidgets will be provided during the show.
- How long is the show? A Midsummer Night’s Dream will be kept to 120 minutes, no intermission but audiences members can come and go into the theater space as breaks are needed.
- How many people may attend? The house will be monitored and limited to half-capacity (approx. 115) of our standard performances. The front two rows closest to the stage will also be intentionally blocked off.
- How much are tickets? All seats are priced at the Access rate of only $14! If this is cost prohibitive, please reach out to us.
- Is there wheelchair accessible seating? We have two wheelchair accessible seats, along with companion seats, available in the lower gallery. Multiple seats in the upper gallery can be removed for wheelchair access upon request. Our seating chart indicates these seat locations. There are also transfer arm seats available and they are noted on the seating chart.
- Where can I learn more about your accessibility options? Please visit this page for in depth details on our facility including restrooms, ramps, stairs, elevator, audio devices, and more.
- Where can I see photos of your space and learn more about the seating? Please visit this page for in depth details or contact us for a tour in advance of the performance!
- Where should I park? There are several parking options available.
- Patrons attending this performance are welcome to park for free at the old Freestore Foodbank/Cincinnati Cooks Catering lot on 1141 Central Pkwy, Cincinnati, OH 45202. The Freestore Foodbank is located a block away from the Otto M. Budig Theater.
- There is paid street parking beside the theatre on Elm Street and 12th Street.
- There are two paid garages: Washington Park garage on Elm Street and the CET Lot on Central Ave.
- I have more questions or would like to provide feedback. Who do I contact? Please reach out to Kyrié Owen, Communications and Engagement Manager at [email protected]